POSITION: FASHION DESIGNER
The position is based in Dubai, UAE, in the regional office of SQUAT WOLF, first Dubai born and designed gym wear brand. We are growing exponentially and plan to hire a full-time fashion designer to help us grow even faster.
Main responsibilities will involve all the steps from research until production: fashion/gym wear trends analysis, planning for both men & women lines, fabric selection & sample creation and bulk order placement with the factories.
- Designing collections for both Men and Women
- Trend forecast research to analyse upcoming trends for future collections
- Creating mood boards containing collection inspiration, colour ideas and fabric trims
- Creating and producing CAD trade flats for men’s and women’s collections
- Range planning and fabric/trims selection process
- Creating specification sheets in excel for factory containing all construction details;
- Liaising with factory – from initial collection handover to bulk delivery
- Organising fabric lab dips and accessory samples with factory
- Leading all sample fittings – reiterating changes made to factory
- Assisting photoshoots for social media and website content
- Advise on photographic approaches and the selection of locations, props, clothing, models, makeup artists, hair stylists and the overall look for photo shoots
- Styling and outfit selection for photoshoot
- Website collection category management – men and women
- Using e-commerce platform to arrange products for display on website
- Creating calendar/timeline in conjunction with management, and ensuring all design development and production stays on calendar
- Review sales data and stock regularly and adjusting quantity and costings to respond effectively to customer needs and reflect current consumer trends
- Place replenishment orders to ensure consistency in new product range and maintain stock levels
- Analyse under-performing products with the team and create a plan to improve sales
- Calculate cost of range versus potential profit margin and communicate risks and opportunities to Management
- Providing recommendations for both potential and tangible problems that may arise during production process
- Interpret and manage a brief, design and build creative and targeted emails, mobile, social and digital campaign within brand guidelines
- Designing and developing visual communications in line with collections themes
- Design compelling print elements such as accessories, print work, labels, swing tags, hardware and packaging materials, invitations and occasional look books
HOW TO APPLY
If you are up for a new challenge in your career and willing to move to Dubai; one of the most dynamic cities in the world, with tax free compensation and a chance to be part of one of the fastest growing brands in the region, then please share the following details and we will be in touch with you soon for an interview.
1. Updated resume
2. Your portfolio of sports/gym wear.
3. Current net monthly salary (after tax)