What is HIIT?
High-Intensity Interval training (HIIT) is a workout routine which combines high, medium and low-intensity exercises. Some HIIT workout plan include short periods of breaks. The combination and the ratio of exercises can vary, depending on what you want to do.
The basic example could be sprinting up the stairs and then walking back down. It seems easy, but once you repeat the exercise or combine more exercises, it gets tougher. You need to push at the maximum level of effort and rest on the breaks or the low-intensity exercises.take me to the squat wolf Hiit Workout Plan Now!
But what the HIIT hype all about?
HIIT is not just a hype. It actually works. From improving your cardiovascular fitness to burning fat, HIIT proves to be the most efficient of all.
The fitness industry has been talking about it for a few years. It’s fast and intense, which gets your heart racing. Research also shows that it is the best way to burn fat in the shortest amount of time. In other words, it might be the fastest way to make your clothes soaking wet.
Why HIIT Works?
As HIIT involves some short bursts of physical work, it forces the individual to work at their full capacity. For this reason, HIIT is considered VO2 Max – maximum rate of oxygen consumption while exercising.
VO2 MAX triggers the after burn effect, which means body continues to burn and consume oxygen even hours after work out. Some research suggests that body burns fat for at least 48 hours after the HIIT session.
HIIT gives results faster than your conventional and prolonged cardio and aerobic exercises. Moreover, it does not even need equipment for the best and most of the exercises.
It has become a hippy thing in the fitness industry because it can be done anywhere without equipment, takes less time to finish a session, and burns fat quicker than any other workout.
Who should do HIIT workout?
HIIT is simply for everyone. Particularly, for ones looking to shred fat and looking for a leaner body. You also gain muscle strength and strengthen your core.
Research shows that HIIT is a great anti-aging workout. Mitochondrial activity declines as you age, which is required to generate energy within cells. Declining mitochondrial leads to more fatigue and inability for the muscle to burn fat and blood sugar. Studies show that HIIT not just halts the declining mitochondrial activity, but reverses it.
A research team at Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota headed by Dr. Sreekumaran Nair held a test on HIIT. The test showed that interval training boosted mitochondrial activity by 49 percent in younger volunteers, and 69 percent in the older age group.
HIIT has significant benefits for every age group. However, it may also come with some risks for people prone to injuries.
How will HIIT benefit you?
1. You can improve your cardiovascular fitness better than the aerobic and anaerobic exercises
2. You may burn fat faster for a leaner body and strong core while you retain lean body mass
3. You can work out anytime and anywhere without any equipment
4. You will burn calories while resting, even 48 hours after your HIIT session
5. Your body will be conditioned for greater athletic endurance
6. You can increase your stamina and get conditioned for long hours of intense workouts
7. You may condition your body faster for sports requiring greater intensity
8. You can boost your metabolism for greater weight loss
9. You can mix up your HIIT exercises and prevent boredom of monotonous exercises
10. You can save lots of time compared to the regular aerobic and cardio workouts
How do I get started and prevent injury?
HIIT is a strenuous workout and may have some exercises which may cause injuries for people who are not so physically fit. Due to its intensity, there might be a chance of straining yourself if you over work.
1. Best Practice is to get started with the easier workouts to prevent any injury.
2. Make sure you are wearing proper gym clothes for best results
3. Start at a medium pace for the first week. If sprinting is face paced, then we suggest you jog.
4. Due to its high intensity, give at least one day gap to your HIIT workout. We advise HIIT sessions maximum four times a week.
Squat Wolf HIIT Workout Plan
Squat Wolf HIIT Beginners is the best way to get started on your HIIT workout. It is designed to give you the lowest impact on your joints with maximum results.
Squat Wolf HIIT Encore is designed for people who are prepared for greater intensity. We highly recommend starting with the beginner workout. Any injury may cause you to rest for an extended time.
Once you find your rhythm, then you may jump to Encore.
Please note: Our workouts are designed to give you a whole body experience which aims to give you muscle strength, burn fat, strengthen the core, and boost endurance plus stamina.
Frequently Asked Questions
he following are the top 8 exercises to do during HIIT:
1. High Knees
3. Push Ups
6. Mountain Climbers
7. Medicine Ball Russian Twists
8. Back Lunges
HIIT are specifically designed to help you gain strength and reducing body fat.
High Intensity Interval Training is known as doing intense bursts of exercises in short rest intervals.
During an intense 20 minute HIIT workout, you can burn 12-16 calories in a minute.
For a quick recovery have a small protein snack 20 minutes after the workout and wait 3-4 hours until having a full meal
It is recommended to do HIIT no more than 2 to 3 days a week, giving your body a break in between.